Sleep apnoea is a sleeping disorder characterised by intermittent stoppage of breathing, usually associated with loud snoring and you will get up tired in the morning even after a full night's sleep.
Here are a few home remedies to combat sleep apnoea:
- Add 1 tsp of cinnamon powder to a glass of hot water and take once daily.
- To a glass of warm water, add a tsp of black pepper powder and 1 tsp of honey, mix well and sip it before sleeping.
- Have 4-5 walnuts daily.
- Regular steam inhalation would be beneficial.
- You may also take G-kof capsules and Vasaka capsules in the dose of 1 capsule twice daily,after food.
- Try doing warm water gargling before going to bed.
- Taking Kanchanara guggulu and maha lakshmi vilas rasa are very effective.
An Ayurvedic treatment procedure called nasya is beneficial in removing the phlegm from the respiratory passage and it clears the sinuses and keeps your airways open. You may have to consult an ayurvedic doctor personally and get this treatment procedure done.
Avoid sleeping in supine position, try sleeping on your side and it would be better if you change the position in between the sleep. Breathing exercises are also very effective and keeps you fresh.