Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) is great for relieving pressure on the spine and the back. It tones and strengthens the back muscles and the spine. It also offers relief from constipation and menstrual discomfort.
Here's how to do Dhanurasana:
– Lie on your stomach. Spread your feet and rest your arms on either side of your body.
– Reach for your feet and grab the ankles.
– Take a deep breath. Lift your chest backwards while pulling your ankles forwards.
– Make sure your body is kept as taut as a bow. Take a deep breath.
– Exhale after fifteen seconds.
– Release the ankles, stretch your legs and rest your chest back on the floor.
– Relax in this position for a few seconds before getting up.