Here are some of the many health benefits of tasty chickoo:
- Chickoo contains Vitamin A, which improves vision and promotes eye health.
- It is loaded with fiber, which prevents constipation. It also has nutrients and anti-oxidants, which help prevent several types of cancer.
- It has high levels of phosphorus, iron and calcium, which help in enhancing bone strength.
- It has Vitamins E and B, which are great for skin and hair health. Vitamin B, especially, helps with stress relief and reduction of fatigue.
- It is rich in tannins, which reduce inflammation and relieve bowel disorders and gastritis.
- It boosts your energy levels as it is rich in glucose.
- It contains essential nutrients and carbohydrates that are beneficial to women during pregnancy.
- Boil chickoo in water and drink the decoction to get relief from diarrhoea, dysentery and piles.
- It possesses diuretic properties, which help remove toxins from the body.