Fenugreek or Methi, commonly found in the Indian kitchen, is identified by its strong aroma and bitter taste. When used in little amount, it gives an almost mouth-watering flavour to the dish but did you know of the many medicinal benefits this leaf offers?
- If you are anaemic, cooked methi leaves are highly beneficial.
- Paste of softened seeds or the leaves when applied on the scalp helps remove dandruff very effectively.
- An infusion of leaves can be used as gargle for recurrent ulcers.
- Regular consumption of fenugreek tea cures bad breath and body odour.
- Consumption of methi seeds help in lowering the blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
- Poultice made of methi leaves can be applied for both external and internal swellings of the body.
Do you know any other uses of methi?