Cumin is commonly known as jeera in India and is an indispensable ingredient in most Indian dishes. Cumin offers several amazing health benefits:
- It helps fight off the common cold and flu because of its antiseptic properties.
- Drinking water boiled with cumin, basil leaves, and ginger and mixed with a little honey is great for overall health.
- It is loaded with iron content and is indispensable to those suffering from anaemia.
- It is rich in fibre content and is a very good laxative, which works well in treating piles.
- It aids digestion and controls nausea and diarrhoea.
- Cumin also helps fight cancer as it contains anti-carcinogenic properties.