Carcinogens are the substance which may cause cancer in human beings on exposure.
Below are a few carcinogenic foods:
- Canned or tinned food.
- Processed or farmed meat and red meat.
- Fruits and vegetables which are grown using pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
- Preserved, frozen and artificially flavoured foods.
- Foods reheated in microwave repeatedly.
- Hydrogenated oil.
- Refined sugar, flours and artificial sweeteners.
- Foods labeled as diet, sugar-free, fat- free or low-fat.
- GMO (genetically modified organisms) foods.
Even though few things listed above are not proven as carcinogens scientifically yet. Still researches are going on. It is wise to prevent these harmful things to protect your health and avoid repenting later. It is healthy to avoid all artificial foods and stick to your traditional, family, geographical and seasonal foods.