- 1 In a Hurry to Cure that Blister?
- 2 Obviously if you want to treat cold sores you first need to know why they happen.
- 3 What Ayurveda Knows
- 4 How do you recognize HSV?
- 5 Moral of the story? We need to treat cold sores and we need to treat them fast.
- 6 Fast and Easy Home Remedies for Fever Blisters
- 7 Ayurveda recommends some amazingly effective remedies for Cold Sores.
- 8 Here’s your comprehensive Ayurvedic kit as a natural cure for fever blisters:
In a Hurry to Cure that Blister?
Check out these Natural Cure for Fever Blisters.
So we’re talking about those monsters that suddenly materialize on your mouth and make you want to run away and hide.Cold sores or Fever blisters are caused by HZV or the Herpes Zoster Virus. They attack your gums, lips, the inside and the outside of your mouth. Starting out as blisters, they fill up with fluid and the pain can drive you crazy.
The unfortunate part is that you can actually pass them on to others! How?
- Sexual contact
- Sharing of utensils and clothes
Yep, these are all ways you can transmit your blisters to others so being careful may be the wise option.
The incubation period or period between time of contact with the virus and appearance of symptoms could be as long as 20 days! That means you won’t know you’ve caught it until the blisters start showing. That’s exactly why you need to know the fastest way to heal a fever blister.
Obviously if you want to treat cold sores you first need to know why they happen.
A low immune system is usually the culprit and is also the reason why they recur often. Though there are two types of Herpes Zoster Virus – HZV1 and HZV2 – Type 1 is the more common condition.
What Ayurveda Knows
Ayurveda offers side effect free – natural cure for fever blisters. It recognizes that a weak immune system means that the body is not receiving enough food, exercise or sleep/rest and is exposed to environmental toxins or even chronic stress. This causes an imbalance of the doshas. Imbalance of the Pitta and blood impurities are mainly why the body becomes vulnerable to the virus. Poor digestion and bad eating habits are some of the main causes which lead to blood impurities and so the occurrence of fever blisters.
How do you recognize HSV?
There are some peculiar symptoms which help you identify blisters as a type of HSV:
- Body Pain
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes
One you’ve caught the virus, the cold sores can be triggered by:
The most annoying part is that every time one of the above is assailing you, you’ll break out into painful cold sores which may last for more than a week.
Just to understand this better let me take you through the 5 stage agonizing evolution in the life of fever blisters.
Like we said, the outbreak usually spans a duration of 9 to 12 days which comprise of the following stages:
Stage 1. Prodome (Day 1 to 2). Severe burning, itching and pricking sensation in and around the mouth.
Stage 2. Blister (Day 2 to 3). Fluid filled blisters erupt.
Stage 3. Weeping (Day 4 to 5). Blisters break open. This is when they are the most painful and highly contagious.
Stage 4. Crusting (Day 5 to 8). Open sores dry up and form a crust which will eventually fall off.
Stage 5. Healing (Day 9 to 12). Crusts flake off and sores are healed.
Moral of the story? We need to treat cold sores and we need to treat them fast.
The solution is an effective combination of natural cure for fever blisters and home remedies. Step 1 is to see your medical consultant and start your treatment of oral and local applications as soon as possible.
In addition you can speed up the treatment and relieve the discomfort of fever blisters with various do-it-yourself solutions. Home cures are also known to help hasten the treatment and curb recurrence of outbreaks.
Fast and Easy Home Remedies for Fever Blisters
It is important to treat the condition and treat it in a hurry. What you need is a list of natural home remedies that will help you do this.
- Ice Packs: Start applying ice packs to the affected areas from day one. A regular application for 5 minutes every hour may help to avoid formation of blisters. You can use the ice pack even after blisters start showing up to soothe the pain.
- Aloe Vera: Cut an Aloe Vera leaf into two lengthwise, extract the gel and apply on the blisters to soothe and heal.
- Tea Bags: Place cold tea bags on the affected areas twice a day. The tannic acid in the tea is effective in preventing the formation of blisters.
- Honey: Honey has anti-viral properties which can treat the virus and shorten the duration of the painful stages. It also helps to cure the sores. Applying the honey directly on the sores a few times a day can help immensely.
Diet: A diet rich in Vitamin B and Folic Acid is very helpful in such conditions. Avoid foods that contain Arginine like chocolate, whole grain, oatmeal and nuts. It is also wise to avoid foods with excessive salt and spice and to stay away from coffee.
Ayurveda recommends some amazingly effective remedies for Cold Sores.
The line of treatment aims at:
- Balancing the doshas and especially the Pitta
- Cleansing the blood of impurities
- Correcting the Agni (Digestive Fire)
Here’s your comprehensive Ayurvedic kit as a natural cure for fever blisters:
- Jatyadi Ointment for regular application to the sores
- Mahatiktakam Kashayam Tablets to be taken twice a day
- Flukey Malt to be taken with milk or warm water twice a day
This natural home kit for treatment to cure blisters or cold sores helps to alleviate the discomfort, treat the virus, prevent colds and allergies and boost your immunity.
Meanwhile, you can’t start again and change the beginning can you? But as C S Lewis says, you can start where you are and change the end.
Include your health in your “important-things-to-do” list and get your life back onto the healthy street. Health matters.