Sunburn is one of the most common skin problems that affect one and all. It occurs when the skin is over exposed to the harmful ultraviolet radiation which leads to inflammation. Excessive exposure to direct sunrays and ultraviolet rays is the major cause of sunburn. This is not a severe problem; however, in really bad cases it has been known to cause death or permanent disability. Sunburn is also known to be a cause of skin cancer. In mild cases sunburn causes pain, hotness, inflammation and temporary darkening of the skin. Sun-burnt skin is also sensitive to touch. In this article we will share some very simple and easily applicable home remedies to cure sunburn.
1. A very effective cure to treat sunburn is to dip a clean soft cloth in fresh milk and apply the same on the affected skin. This remedy provides quick relief from the sunburn.
2. Rubbing the affected skin with mustard oil is also an effective treatment. Mustard oil helps in getting rid of the burn as well as eases the itching sensation.
3. Slice a cucumber or a potato and rub the same very gently on the affected skin area. This provides a cooling effect and helps in removing the burn.
4. Lavender essential oil is actually the god of all essential oil. Application of this oil on the affected skin will give you immense relief from Pain as well as the itching sensation.
5. Make a paste using sandalwood powder and cold water. Apply the same paste atleast twice a day on the burnt skin. Please make sure that you make fresh paste before each application, do not use leftover paste.
6. Take a bowl and take one part tomato juice and six parts of buttermilk and mix it well. Apply this mixture on the sun-burnt area and wash off after half an hour.
7. Take one teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of vinegar and apply it on the affected skin. Wash this mixture after half an hour or one hour.
8. This is an excessively effective sunburn remedy. Make an even paste using honey, raw eggs and barley flour. Apply this paste twice a day on the affected area and wash after ten minutes.
9. Take a bowl of water and add lettuce leaves to it. Boil the water with lettuce leaves in it. Let it cool for a while then strain the water and apply the liquid on the burnt skin using cotton.
10. Add a cupful of white cider vinegar to the water in the bathtub. Soak your body fully and enjoy a long warm relaxing bath. This will not just help you get rid of your sunburn but will also relax your body.
11. Apply Aloe Vera gel on the sun-burnt skin to get rid of the inflammation. You can even place the Aloe Vera gel in the refrigerator for ten minutes before applying it to increase the cooling effect.
12. Make a paste using milk, olive oil along with wheat flour. Apply this paste on the affected area and wash off once dry.
13. Take fresh green gourd and rub it on the sun-burnt area to remove excessive sunburn. You can repeat this remedy three to four times in a day.