Pic Credit: dailyperricone.com
Have you ever eaten Sunflower Seeds?
They are packed with a whole bunch of benefits:
- Sunflower seeds contain bone-healthy minerals. Besides calcium, your bones need magnesium and copper to stay strong. Sunflower seeds have both these minerals. As a bonus, they also contain Vitamin E, which helps ease arthritic pain.
- The magnesium in sunflower seeds can sooth the nerves, thus ease away stress, migraines and help you relax.
- Sunflower seeds are a great source of selenium. Selenium is required in small amounts to prevent cell damage.
- They bring that welcome glow to your skin. High in Vitamin E, sunflower seeds combat the harmful UV rays and keep skin youthful.
- Sunflower seeds, with their high antioxidant content, may ease inflammation- joint pain, gastric ulcers, skin eruptions, and asthma.
- They are good for your heart! These small seeds do not allow ‘bad’ cholesterol from sticking to the walls of your arteries, thus preventing heart attacks.
With their crunchy, nutty taste, sunflower seeds can easily make their way in your daily diet. They’re easily available all year round.