Enjoy the benefits of Yam (Sooran in Hindi), which although commonly thought to be a variety of sweet potato, is actually not related to sweet potato at all! Yam is from the ‘Yam family’ while sweet potato is from the ‘Morning Glory family’.
1. It contains dioscorin that is beneficial in reducing hypertension
2. It has a low glycemic index and helps regulate blood sugar levels in diabetes
3. It is full of fibre that aids digestion and relieves constipation
4. It has vitamin B6 that relieves premenstrual syndrome (PMS) in women
5. It is beneficial in post-menopausal women in the prevention of breast cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Include yam in your daily diet, especially if you are a woman, and enjoy its benefits.