No matter what happens around us, we never want to look our age. We do not dream of ourselves with wrinkled skin and saggy under eyes. That accounts for the number of cosmetics and skin care products being launched in the market. All the major brands of cosmetic products have at least one anti-aging or anti-wrinkling product. Can you ever forget the popular beauty soap ad in which a mother captures attention as a smart college student?
There are certain natural foods which are very beneficial in maintaining the youthfulness of the body.
- The very first one is Green tea. And perhaps the consistent use of green tea accounts for the beautiful Asian complexion and their petite and well-maintained body structure. Green tea has remarkable anti aging and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cocoa butter is always heard in relation with stretch marks, especially of those caused by pregnancy. There are a lot of beauty creams which claim to contain the natural extracts of cocoa butter for smooth, beautiful skin. It is highly preferred as it is less greasy and works great for dry skin. Cocoa butter on the body also prevents the harmful effects of UV rays of the sun. Consumption of quality cocoa which is rich in anti-oxidants helps to make the skin look young and well hydrated.
- Yogurt is simply natural health in a package. It may not have noticeable effects on the skin if eaten but it is a great skin food. Smear a little yogurt after you come home from the sun and it will help you to reduce the tan and any sunburn. A face pack with plain yogurt is also good for people with oily skin. Rich calcium present in yogurt reduces the risk of Osteoporosis and intestinal diseases, which is highly seen in aging people.
- Olive oil is used by many wise mothers as a regular bath oil for their babies. A good massage with olive oil would impart suppleness and youth to the skin while also conditioning the hair. Wiser housewives also make use of this gift in their cuisines. Olive oil is abundant with mono-unsaturated fats and antioxidants like polyphenols which are vital in preventing aging and age-related disorders.
- Personally, I am fond of nutrine nuggets (soya) and soy milk which comes in different flavors. My vegetarian friend gives soy milk to her infant daughter regularly to give her enough protein and nutrients. Soybean contains isoflavones which have phytoestrogenic properties in imparting skin health to women. It further helps menopausal women to help high estrogen levels. Further, soya products help in reducing the harmful effects of UV rays which can cause photo-aging and skin cancer.
- Garlic clove acts not just as an accompaniment to spice and onion, but also as a warrior against cancer and heart disease. It is a vital part of your anti-aging diet.
Other anti-aging foods include most of the fruits including cantaloupe, mangoes, apples, strawberries, grapes, cherries, apricots, blueberries, citrus fruits and guava, vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, squash and oat bran. In seafood, tuna, salmon, mackerel, sardines and trout are healthy foods. As you age, remember to cut down on your sugar and salt intake.