Normal frequency of urination varies from 4-7 times to 6- 10 times a day for each individual. Frequent urination is the condition where you tend to pass urine more frequently than what’s normal for you. It may occur either only during night time or may be both morning and night time.
Causes of Frequent Urination
- Urinary tract infection.
- Certain medications which increase urine production.
- Excessive consumption of certain beverages and fluids.
- Diabetes mellitus and insipidus.
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy in males.
- Overactive bladder.
- Stones or calculus.
- Abnormal kidney functioning.
- Mental disturbance like anxiety, unusual fear, etc.
- Urinary incontinence due to muscular or neural weakness.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Frequent Urination due to Overactive Bladder, Incontinence or Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy:
Treatment for frequent urination depends upon the cause. If it’s because of urinary infection and diabetes, proper medication should be taken accordingly.
The following medications are beneficial for frequent urination caused due to overactive bladder or incontinence:
- Vastyamayantaka ghrita and Dhanvantara ghrita can be administered internally.
- Dhanwantara Kashayam,Sukumaram Kashayam , Bhruhatyadi Kashayam
- Vasant kusmakara tab, Aswagandha capsules and Dhanvantara vati
- Treatment procedures like Nabhi pichu, Vasti, abhyanga and avagaha sveda are also effective.
- Practise Kegel exercises and yoga to strengthen the muscles of pelvic floor.
In case of BPH (Benign prostatic hypertrophy), Ural BPH capsules is beneficial.
To get more information and to buy the ayurvedic products for relief from frequent urination due to BPH, overactive bladder or incontinence, please click the links below: