Are you underweight? Do you want to gain some healthy weight?
If you are skinny and hope to gain some weight then you might as well do it the healthy way. Simply loading up on calories to put on weight may backfire as it will affect your health. This is because you tend to consume empty calories through foods which are not nutritious. In fact, you may end up taxing your kidneys, liver or heart with the additional toxins or bad LDL cholesterol.
The ‘golden mantra’ for gaining weight is to eat a balanced diet and exercise well to tone up your muscles. There are some natural ayurvedic remedies that can help you gain weight in a healthy way:
- In a glass of hot milk add two tablespoons of Ashwagandha powder and a teaspoon of clarified butter (ghee). Drink it twice a day for a month to gain weight.
- Soak 5-8 dried figs and 10-12 raisins in water overnight. Eat them in two doses the next day.
- You can also take a glass of warm milk with a teaspoon of honey daily to add weight.
- Eat muskmelon thrice day for a month.
- Take a glass of warm milk mixed with a tablespoon each of crushed almond powder and honey daily. It will give you loads of energy and add to your weight if consumed regularly for a couple of months.
- Eat two bananas daily with 250 ml warm milk daily for two months. It will improve your digestion, give you nutrients like zinc, potassium, calcium, Vitamin A etc. and increase your weight in a healthy way.
- When the season allows eat two custard apples a day. It is full of calories, iron and Vitamin C.
- Take a strand of saffron with warm milk and honey daily (avoid in summers). It will improve your energy levels and help in gaining weight.
- Eating the superfood jack fruit helps. Get them ripe and include a few pieces in your diet. Too much jack fruit can cause indigestion.
- Mango is full of carbohydrates. Eating mangoes with meals will help you put on extra kilos easily.
- Beans are high in protein and fibre content. Consume beans of any kind (soy bean, kidney bean, black bean, lentils etc.) regularly to gain weight quickly.
- Fry five grams of fenugreek seeds in a teaspoon of clarified butter (ghee). Make a paste of these seeds and consume it with half a teaspoon of honey daily. It will increase your appetite and help you gain weight.
- Take one gram each of Shatavari powder, Ashwagandha powder and white muesli with a glass of milk daily. Ashwagandha and shatavari for weight gain are really effective.
However, consult an ayurvedic doctor first before trying any home remedy to gain weight. It will help you adopt the right dosage that is best suited to your specific body constitution.
Yogasanas for Weight gain:
Yoga also helps in toning and strengthening you body muscles. It helps you gain weight by balancing the hormone secretion, improving your digestion, increasing your appetite and boosting your energy levels.
Sarvang asana, hal asna, bhujang asana, matsyendra asana, pavan mukt asana, surya namaskar and shava asana are some of the yoga postures that help you gain weight. Do them under the guidance of a trained yoga expert to do these postures correctly and to prevent injury.
Gaining weight may not happen overnight but it is possible to add the much needed pounds to your body with regular exercise and natural remedies.
AMRUTAM GOLD MALT
A POWERFUL IMMUNITY BOOSTER FOR ALL AGES
- Enhances body immunity
- Delays the physiological changes fights against chronic diseases.
- Improves appetite and digestion.
- Useful in anemia, general, debility, weight loss.
- A pediatric to geriatric tonic for vigor and vitality.
One-two tablespoons to be taken with milk or warm water, twice a day.