We all need a proper and a fit body, don’t we? In Hindu mythology, it is said that Gold gives you a healthier body and Silver gives you a sharper mind. It’s obvious that you cannot use actual gold on daily basis to keep yourself fit and healthier. So, what’s the best alternative?
In this piece of writing we are going to discuss the same. One of the answers to the above question could be ‘Golden Milk’. Well, truly speaking, it doesn’t mean adding Gold to milk. It’s about adding such ingredients to milk, which enhances the benefits of milk, obviously with a golden touch.
What is Golden Milk?
In simple terms, it is a beverage which is a mixture of milk and turmeric. It is an ancient ayurvedic drink, which is known for the treatment of so many problems associated with health and injuries.
We all are aware of how powerful turmeric is. And if it is added to milk, just imagine how much more beneficial it will be.
In this article you will come to know all about Golden milk. We will discuss about its benefits and also how to prepare this magical drink.
Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric has several positive impacts on your health and this is known to all of us. It contains curcumin, which is an influential polyphenol anti-oxidant.
It is so powerful that it is believed to offer more than 600 health benefits to your body. It seems to be a little over exaggerated, but trust me it’s true.
Recipe to prepare Golden Milk:
Preparing Golden milk is a very easy job. It doesn’t take much time and labour either. Following is the method to prepare the same.
- ¼ cup turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Honey (for taste)
- Firstly, we need to prepare a paste of turmeric. For this simply add turmeric powder, ground pepper and filtered water in a small pan and mix it well.
- Turn on the heat to medium high and constantly stir the mixture till it becomes a thick paste. This will not take much time, so be there in front of the pan and don’t walk away even for a little while.
- Allow this paste to cool and store it in refrigerator for further use.
- After having this paste ready, whenever you want to prepare golden milk just mix almond milk, coconut oil and ¼ cup (or more) of the paste prepared in a saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan to medium high and ensure that the mixture does not boil.
- Then add honey to the milk to make it tasty. The delicious and magical Golden Milk is ready to drink.
Isn’t the method of preparing the Golden milk very easy? You can prepare the paste well in advance and make the drink whenever you want. Now, let’s get into the major health benefits of this wonderful drink.
Benefits of Golden Milk
The chief ingredient of Golden Milk is Turmeric. Some of the health benefits of Golden Milk are as follows:
- It is the best solution if you have sinus problems, issues like cold, cough, flu, fever and more.
- It boosts immunity and thus helps your body in fighting several small and major health issues.
- It is considered to be an excellent blood purifier. A cleansed blood is capable of preventing so many health issues.
- It promotes healthy digestion. Thus problems related to poor digestion can also be treated by taking Golden Milk on a regular basis.
- It enhances brain function and promotes alertness. This also improves your memory and makes other functions of the body active.
- It helps in maintaining lower cholesterol levels. A low cholesterol body is free of so many health troubles.
- It is also an efficient liver detoxifier. This flushes out all unwanted and waste items from your body.
- It is very useful in curing various skin issues.
- It is a good anti-carcinogenic substance. It undoubtedly prevents you from some serious issues like Cancer.
- It is even useful in treating neurological disorders.
- It is an excellent thing to have if you are facing joint problems such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- It lowers the triglycerides level from your body, thus preventing risk of heart diseases and strokes.
All such benefits are possible because of the anti-inflammatory, anti bacterial, anti-cancer and anti-oxidant properties of Golden milk.
Because of such properties, whenever you get injured, drinking golden milk is advised. It relieves you from complications arising from external injuries and helps in healing them soon.
Drink Golden milk every evening and stay away from all sort of health issues.
Stay Healthy, Stay Fit. Cheers!
– Dr Gopi Krishna Maddikera