There are a lot of health benefits of jackfruit that most of us do not know. This uniquely sized fruit is excessively rich in fibers, minerals as well as vitamins. Similar to many other tropical fruits, jackfruit is also an energy fruit with no saturated fats and no cholesterol. Hence, it can be conveniently said that the health benefits of jackfruit are a must have for all health conscious across the world.
The tree bearing jackfruit is found to be growing well in humid and rainy areas such as tropical parts of Thailand, Indonesia, Brazil and even India. The tree reaches a height of thirty meters and higher. The jackfruit tree bears the most fruits in the world during the season. It bears as many as 250 fruits. You may find hundred to five hundred bulbs in a single fruit in between thin fiber bands.
The wonderful and juicy health benefits of jackfruit are:
1. This fruit comprises of very soft and easy to digest bulbs. The bulb has healthy sugars like fructose and sucrose which are great health benefits of jackfruit that provide the body with lots of energy and rejuvenation when eaten. That is why jackfruit is an instant source of energy.
2. Jackfruit has lots of dietary fibers which makes it a good digestion aid. The fiber in jackfruits helps the mucous membrane of colon by reducing the exposure time to cancerous toxins as well as it binds with the cancerous toxins and helps in removing it from the body.
3. Fresh jackfruit has small amounts of essential nutrients like Vitamin A, Carotent, Lutein, xanthin. All these health benefits of jackfruit together play a very important role in the body. The presence of these nutrients in the body helps with detoxification. It also helps by improving the vision of the person. Vitamin A is good for the health of the skin and the mucous membrane. Having such refreshing fruits like jackfruits such as Vitamin A and carotene helps protect the body against lung cancer as well as oral cancer.
4. The health benefits of jackfruit also include being an excellent source of Vitamin C. having fruits that have Vitamin C in good quantities in it helps the body strength immunity against infections and harmful free radicals.
5. The jackfruit has Vitamin B complex in good quantities which is rare for the fruit. Jackfruit is extremely rich in Vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin as well as folic acid.
6. Fresh jackfruit is a very good source of minerals like potassium, iron, manganese as well as magnesium. Potassium helps in regulating the heart rate as well as the blood pressure. It is also essential for the cell management.
The health benefits of jackfruit seeds:
Even the seeds of jackfruit are loaded with nutrients especially proteins. Mostly in southern parts of India the seeds of jackfruit are collected from ripened fruit, dried in the sun and stored to be used for long time. These dried seeds of jackfruit are roasted and added to various dishes prepared in south Indian cuisine. Sometimes, it is used in place of lentils in curries.
How to take advantage of the health benefits of jackfruit:
1. The bulbs of jackfruit are extremely delicious in taste. They are a must have and once you have one serving you will want to reach out for another.
2. You can add jackfruit slices to fruit salads for a delicious delight.
3. This fruit is used in jelly preparation also.
4. The seeds of jackfruit are rich in minerals and proteins. It is used in curry preparation in Asian cuisines.