The health benefits of red tea can be taken advantage when consumed on a daily basis. Although people refer to it as a tea, it is not really a tea. We get red tea from the Rooibos Plant grown in South Africa. When you prepare this herb like a tea you get a tisane. Red tea is known by many other names such as African red tea as well as rooibos tea. Although, red tea is not really a tea but the method of preparation is similar to that of any other herbal tea. The compounds found in red tea are similar to those found in green tea which is extremely healthy for the body.
The health benefits of red tea:
Red tea is available in several herbal stores and it can be purchased online also. You must have the tea without any sugar or cream as its real essence will be lost. You can have red tea either hot or chilled as per your wish. The following health benefits of red tea will help you understand the reason for its growing popularity.
1. Relaxes: Red tea is a tisane and not a tea and hence it does not have any caffeine in it. People suffering from stress, tension, depression or sleeping problem can have red tea without elevating the mental problems. Kids who are hyperactive can also take advantage with the health benefits of red tea.
2. Cures Skin Troubles: Red tea is rich in zinc as well as hydroxyl acid which makes the skin smooth and gives it a clear appearance. These nutrients also help delay the aging process. Red tea is also applied to cure skin problems such as dry skin, itchiness, eczema and other kinds of skin ailments.
3. Nutritional and good for health: Red tea is loaded with nutrients like calcium that is good for bone health, magnesium that is helpful in maintaining healthy function of the nervous system, iron which helps treat and avoid anemia and potassium for a healthy metabolism. It also has manganese and fluoride.
4. Helps lose weight: Most of the herbal teas help aid weight loss and red tea is not far behind. Having red tea everyday speeds up the process of weight loss. However, you should not rely entirely on the red tea to lose weight; you should maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly for a healthy and speedy weight loss.
5. Aids digestion process: Most of the digestion problems can be cured by regular consumption of red tea. If you have red tea everyday then digestion problems like ulcers, flatulence and nausea can be avoided and cured.
6. Rich in antioxidants: The most significant among the health benefits of red tea is that it is rich in antioxidants. However, the amount of antioxidants found in red tea is not as high as that found in green tea but it is still good enough to keep problems like cancer away. The antioxidants help make the immune system stronger and prevent the person against many health problems including cancer. Antioxidants also help delay the aging process and helps maintain the youthful energy for longer time.
With the given health benefits of red tea, having it every day will only improve your health. It does not have any known side effects and it’s available in several flavors, so just pick one that tingles your taste buds and drink to good health.