Who doesn't love almonds- a nutritious snack and brain food? Here's why soaking almonds adds more nutrition to your diet.
- Almonds are difficult to digest due to their brown skin. Soaking removes the skin and the enzyme inhibitors which block digestion and absorption.
- Soaked almonds keep you fuller than raw ones. Goes in to a weight loss diet.
- Soaked almonds aid absorption and do not come in the way of other nutrients.
- In pregnant women, they give a steady supply of energy and nutrition. Adding saffron adds to its nutritional value.
- Eating soaked almonds enhances skin health. The paste can also be applied under eyes and facial skin for an unmistakable glow. Mix almond paste with fresh cream for a natural face scrub.
- Soaking and peeling almonds can also reduce contamination.
Do you soak almonds before you eat them?