Passion fruit is of Brazilian origin and commonly found in India in the north-eastern states and in hill stations on the Western Ghats, like Kodaikanal, The Nilgiris, etc.
Passion fruit has some fabulous health benefits:
– It is full of flavonoids and phenolic acid that protect your heart.
– It relaxes the nervous system and relieves insomnia if taken before bedtime.
– It has loads of vitamin A that prevents the risk of cancer.
– It is a great source of dietary fibre and vitamin C.
– It is low in calorie content and added to food to enhance the aroma.