Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast means break your fast, so it should be taken within an hour after you wake up in the morning.
Breakfast should be an excellent source of proteins, fibre, potassium, magnesium, carbohydrates and a little amount of fat.
- Calorie consumption of an Ideal Breakfast should be around 300 cals
- Include a serving of Fruit/ Vegetable (one fruit ~ 50 – 60 cal)
- Use low fat dairy products (one glass of skimmed milk ~ 90 cals)
- Replace white bread with brown (2 slices ~ 150 cals)
- Include 2 egg whites ( ~ 35 cals)