Cricket season is on and the cricket mania would leave an outsider wonder struck in India. All the excitement pours out for one sport followed like religion- Cricket! Nothing better to enjoy this cricket frenzy than to get together with your friends and family to cheer for your favourite team! Amidst all the cheering and celebrations, great food adds to the mega party. Here are a few yummy snacks’ recipes that double the fun of watching the game and add to the cheer!
1. Scrumptious Quesadillas
Delectable quesadillas will fill your tummy and keep your taste buds happy as you enjoy watching the innings!
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 100 gm kidney beans (boiled)
- 30 gm minced soya (boiled)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno 9 (sliced)
- 1 tsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (roasted)
- 20 gm tomato (peeled, deseeded and diced)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
– Take a non stick frying pan, add oil and saute’ garlic and half the onion till they turn golden brown. Add mashed kidney beans, soya mince, cumin powder, spices and salt. Mix all the ingredients well, add tomato and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
-Saute the rest of the onions, red bell peppers and yellow bell peppers in olive oil on medium heat. Take it off the heat after 5-7 minutes and remove them from the pan.
-Take a tortilla and spread the mix of kidney beans and soya mince on it. Then spread the second mixture. Cover it with another tortilla.
-Grill the stuffed tortillas till they become crisp and golden brown. Slice it into six triangles and serve them hot!
2. Crunchy French Toasts (eggless)
Savor these eggless French toasts with your friends as you catch up with current score!
- 6 slices of whole grain bread (sliced into half)
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
-Except for bread and olive oil, mix all the other ingredients together. Add water to this mixture to make a thick batter.
-Dip half bread slices into this batter and make sure it is coated well on both sides.
-Cook the coated bread slice on a non stick pan using olive oil. Keep roasting it, till it turns golden brown. Flip it over and cook it the same way on the other side. Repeat with all the slices.
-Serve it hot with mint chutney!
3. Irresistible Hummus Dip!
Get some baked veggies like beans and carrots and eat them with this irresistible hummus dip!
- 80 gm chickpeas (boiled)
- 4 tsp tahini sauce (Tahini sauce is a mixture of tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic, and water, easily available in food stores)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed into a paste)
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp coriander (finely chopped)
Put all the ingredients in a blender and make a thick paste. Put this paste in a serving bowl, add 1 tbsp olive oil on top, sprinkle some pepper powder and garnish with chopped coriander. Whoa! Your yummy dip is ready to be relished with baked veggie fritters galore!
Happy munching with these healthy and mouth watering recipes while you enjoy the cricket fever!