Spider bites are not harmful though you may still need natural and herbal remedies for spider bites to be healed. But they can cause lot of irritation, allergic reaction, burning sensation, rash, fever, swelling as well as nausea. Spiders such as black widow as well as the brown recluse are particularly harmful and you must keep an eye out for them in case they happen to bite you. If you have spiders often crawling in and around your house then you must know about some of the herbal remedies for spider bites which can quickly and effectively help in healing.
If you are bitten by black widow or brown recluse the symptoms get serious after a period of twenty four hours. You can see appearance of hives and experience shortness of breath, wheezy and fatigue, and then you must consult a doctor. However, if you are bitten by a less poisonous spider and the symptoms include itching, swelling, burning and redness then it can be cured very easily by following one of the natural and herbal remedies for spider bites given below.
1. Ice as well as cold water:
Ice cube or cold water gives quick relief by reducing itchiness caused due to spider bite. You can also apply an ice pack directly on the area the spider bit you. If you apply ice instantly after the spider bite you can avoid the inflammation and pain from increasing.
2. Basil (Tulsi): Take few basil leaves and make a paste of the same. Apply the paste on the area of the bite to reduce the inflammation. In India this plant is very popular and can be found in every second household. You can also grow Basil in your kitchen garden to have herbal remedies for spider bites all the time.
3. Turmeric and Olive Oil: Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder in little olive oil to make a paste. Apply this paste on the spider bite to reduce the symptoms. You can use these herbal remedies for spider bites twice or thrice in a day till the bite is healed completely.
4. Vegetable and lavender essential oil:
Take one teaspoon of lavender essential oil and mix it in one tablespoon of vegetable cooking oil. Apply this mix gently on the spider bite, this mix will give you relief from pain and swelling within a short while.
Make a paste of charcoal by mixing it with water and apply it on the spider bite. This method is extremely helpful in removal of venom from the bite.
6. Tea tree oil cream
You can apply a cream with five percent tea tree oil to ease the symptoms of spider bite. You can also apply this cream to heal insect bites, cuts, rashes and sunburn. So, keeping this cream handy will serve many purposes, not only as herbal remedies for spider bites.
7. Potatoes: Potatoes are extremely beneficial in easing the burning sensation associated spider bite. Take a slice of potato and apply it directly on the spider bite. You can keep the slice in the freezer for ten minutes for better results. Tie this potato to the affected area with a bandage. Potato helps in removal of venom and healing the bite.
8. Yellow dock herb:
Yellow dock is a blood purifier and is helpful for many ailments related to the skin. Have as much yellow dock tea as you can. You can also take a herbal capsule of yellow dock herb every hour till the symptoms are eased out.
9. Toothpaste: If you cannot find any of the above things then the easiest way to get relief from the itchiness is by applying toothpaste on the bite.
10. Homeopathic remedy:
Apis Mallifica, 30x reduces redness, pain and stinging.
Cantharis 30c heals bee or wasp stings.
Carbolicum acidum 30c is beneficial in avoiding allergic reactions in case of black widow spider bite as well as bee sting.
urtica urens 30c eases itching, burning and pain.