Herbal therapy has gained immense popularity in today’s time. It is without doubt the safest method to cure diseases as well as symptoms. In this article we will discuss about some useful herbs that aids in boosting fertility in women as well as men. The herbs can be used singly or as a fertility mix, they can aid in increasing your chances of conceiving a child with no or few side effects. However, you must take care when taking herbs along with prescription medicines as together they may end up having adverse effect on health. If you are taking medications then you must inform your doctor about your herbal therapy. It is best to take herbal medicines when you are not taking any medicines to experience maximum benefits.
The following herbs are most popularly used to enhance fertility rate in women:
1. Black Cohosh: This is a popular antispasmodic which is highly effective in providing relief in cramps. You may take black cohosh during the first half of your monthly cycle starting from menstruation to ovulation
2. Dong Quai: Dong Quai is a famous Chinese fertility herb, long-used to cure menstrual difficulties. It also aids in regulating estrogen levels in the body and improve chances of implantation. This is known to be a hormone regulator for females as well as an efficient toner for the uterus. It is supposed to be taken during the first half of the menstrual cycle.
3. Evening Primrose Oil: This herb helps in improving the fertille quality of cervical fluid and is also rich in essential fatty acids which are great for the brain health. You may take evening primrose oil during the period starting from menstruation to ovulation. Alternate to Flax Seed Oil after ovulation. Flax Seed Oil is a herb that is rich in fatty acids required for a healthy lifestyle. Evening Primrose Oil stimulates uterine contractions. This is the reason why you must not take evening primrose oil after ovulation in case the conception did happen.
4. False Unicorn- False unicorn aids in improving fertility in women and ease ovarian pain. You can take false unicorn during the first half of menstrual cycle from menstruation to ovulation.
5. Red Raspberry Leaf – You can have red raspberry leaf during the complete menstrual cycle because it makes the uterine lining strong, thus helping in increasing the luteal stage. But do consult your herbal doctor regarding continuing red raspberry leaf once you are pregnant. Commonly, it is taken only in the final period of pregnancy, as it tones up the uterus.
6. Chaste Berry: This is popularly known as a female herb as it aids in balancing hormones. It may be taken during the first half of the menstrual cycle or even during the complete menstrual cycle.
Note: It is very important that you do not take all of the above mentioned herbs all at one time. Select the ones that you feel will benefit you the most and take them during the specified time of the menstrual cycle. The herbs are available in many forms such as tablets, syrups, tinctures and capsules. Make sure you buy these herbs from a reliable provider with proper packaging. You can also buy them online.
There are several more herbs that enhance fertility in women, we will discuss them in the coming articles.