Abdominal pain is termed as stomach pain in layman language. There are various causes for abdominal pain, the location, duration, intensity of pain and associated complaints varies according to the cause.
Serious Causes of Abdominal Pain that Need Immediate Medical Intervention
Sometimes abdominal pain may be fatal and the condition is known as Acute abdomen, for which you require immediate medical intervention. It includes:
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Intestinal obstruction or perforation, etc.
Other Common Causes of Abdominal Pain
- Gas accumulation.
- Gall/renal stones.
- Menstrual cramps in females.
- Urinary tract infection.
- Infection of any abdominal organs.
Home Remedies for Abdominal Pain
- Drink a glass of lemon juice.
- Sip warm ginger tea or Vata tea.
- Mix 1 tsp of lemon juice with 1 tsp of ginger extract and ½ tsp of sugar candy. Take this twice a day.
- Chew ½ tsp of jeera with pinch of salt, followed by glass of warm water.
- Prepare green tea with ginger and coriander seeds. Drink twice a day.
- Eat light and easily digestible food.
- Do mild massage on your abdomen with warm Sesame oil in clockwise direction.
- You can also try tub bath with warm water to ease pain.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Abdominal Pain
You can take the following ayurvedic formulations for relief from stomach pain:
Hingvastaka churna – 1/2 tsp. with buttermilk.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products for relief from abdominal pain, please click on the links below: