Pimples are the most common skin disease medically termed as Acne vulgaris.
Common causes for Pimples
- Bacterial infection.
- Hormonal variations.
- Consumption of more chocolates, oily and junk foods rich in carbohydrates.
- Emotional stress.
- Improper use of cosmetics, repeated scrubbing and using harsh cleanser/soap/face wash.
- Poor skin care.
- Dandruff also precipitates pimples.
- Exposure to dust and pollutants.
- Hot climate.
- Certain medications.
Signs and Symptoms of Pimples
- Red rashes varying in size and filled with pus.
- Itching or skin irritation.
- Hyperpigmentation or scars or pitting.
- Appearance of more white and blackheads.
Ayurvedic Management of Pimples
- Internal medications like Nimbadi Kashayam, Thikthakam Kashayam, Patolakaturohinyadi Kashayam, Manjishtadi Kashayam, and Panchatiktam Kashayam
- Neem capsules, Manjisthadi ghan vati, Gynaeven, Kaisora Guggulu, Amrutadi guggulu, Triphala, Gandhak rasayana, Arogyavardhini vati and Derm pure capsules
- Single herbs like Anantmool, Guduchi, Haridra, Katuki, Vacha, etc are beneficial
- Use Kumkumadi taila to lighten the scar.
- Keep your skin moistened well by applying Aloe Vera gel.
Home Remedies for Pimples
- Make a paste of dried neem leaves with pinch of turmeric and water. Apply on affected area, wash after 15 minutes.
- Reduce the consumption of milk and avoid milk products.
- Replace tea and coffee with green tea. Drink sufficient water.
- Avoid deep fried oily and junk foods. Include more vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Avoid repeated scrubbing and washing your face.
- Avoid picking or opening the pimples to prevent scarring and pitting.
- Keep your hair clean. Wash on alternate days.
- Wash your face twice daily with mild cleanser.
- Use oil free makeup.
- Manage stress by Yoga, Mediation and having good sleep.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products to get rid of pimples (acne vulgaris), please click on the links below: