Tinea versicolor and ringworm infection are the most common fungal infections of skin.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Fungal Infection
- Scaling or flaking of skin.
- Reddish discolouration in ringworm.
- Dark or light discolouration in tinea versicolor.
Common causes of fungal infection
- Ringworm is contagious. It spreads from infected person or animal.
- Hot and humid climate.
- Low immunity.
- Hormonal variations.
For fungal infections or any kind of skin disease, Ayurveda generally recommends the usage of both internal as well as external medicines and treatment procedures in order to cleanse and detoxify the body and to purify the blood through vamana, virechana and raktamokshana.
Kapha dosha would be the predominant dosha in most of the fungal infections. Hence, medicines and diet to balance the body doshas should be maintained for certain period.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Treating Fungal Infection
- Gulgulutiktaka kashayam 2 tabs twice a day (1 hr before food).
- Kaisoraguggulu 2-0-2 (before food).
- Arogyavardhini tab 2 tabs at bedtime
- Khadir capsules, 1 cap. twice a day (after food).
- Raz oil for local application.
- Useful in health conditions involving joints, skin.
- It promotes natural wound healing and helps in quick and early wound healing in diabetics.
- It improves digestion.
- It is also useful in inflammatory conditions.
- Inflammatory Arthritis.
Avoid spicy deep fried food items, refrigerated foods, sweets, curds, fish and minimise the intake of dairy products, fermented and sour foods.