Tennis elbow is a musculoskeletal disorder characterised by severe pain near your elbow. It is caused due to repetitive stress injury on the tendon attached to the elbow and muscular strain.
Excessive pressure on the nerves, lack of muscular strength of forearm muscles, poor technique during sports activity, occupations like plumbing, carpentry, painting, etc., can also precipitate occurrence of tennis elbow.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Tennis Elbow
According to Ayurveda, there is vitiation of pitta dosha in acute stage along with aggravation of vata dosha. This condition can be easily treated with special external treatments and internal medicines.
In chronic conditions due to kapha involvement, it can take some time to show results.
Ayurvedic line of management is to pacify the aggravated doshas, increase circulation, reduce degeneration and rejuvenate the tendons and muscle fibres.
Following Ayurvedic medicines can give you beneficial results:
- Prasarinyadi Kashayam/ Rasnasaptakam Kashayam/ Ashtavargam Kashayam 2 tablets, twice daily,1 hour before food, depending on your doshic involvement
- Boswellia caps 2 capsules, twice daily, after food
- Arthcare oil for local massage.
- Gandha tailam ,1 capsule at bedtime.
Ayurvedic treatments like Nasya, Taila dhara, Taila pichu and Agnikarma are very effective.
Home Remedies for Tennis Elbow
You may also try the following home remedies:
- Drink ginger tea 3 times a day. Ginger has strong anti-inflammatory property, which is beneficial in alleviating the symptoms of tennis elbow.
- Alternative hot and cold compresses are a great way to relieve pain and swelling caused by tennis elbow.
- Applying ginger poultice is another good home remedy.
- Extract the fluid from celery seeds and take 5-10 drops before meals.
- Do regular massage with Murivenna oil.
Dos and Don’ts
- Avoid spicy,deep fried food items, alcohol, smoking, night outs and suppression of natural urges.
- Take complete rest till you get over of acute pain.
- Avoid repeated movements of your wrist.
- Follow proper technique while playing, doing exercise or while working. So that you can reduce the stress on your elbow.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products for relief from tennis elbow, please click the links below: