Excessive pressure on the nerves, lack of muscular strength of forearm muscles, poor technique during sports activity, occupations like plumbing, carpentry, painting, etc., can also precipitate occurrence of tennis elbow.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Tennis Elbow
According to Ayurveda, there is vitiation of pitta dosha in acute stage along with aggravation of vata dosha. This condition can be easily treated with special external treatments and internal medicines.
In chronic conditions due to kapha involvement, it can take some time to show results.
Ayurvedic line of management is to pacify the aggravated doshas, increase circulation, reduce degeneration and rejuvenate the tendons and muscle fibres.
Following Ayurvedic medicines can give you beneficial results:
Ayurvedic treatments like Nasya, Taila dhara, Taila pichu and Agnikarma are very effective.
- Reduces muscle spams and inflammatory of the back, neck and shoulder region or any joints.
- Gives relief from pain
- Pacifies excess vata
- Arrests the degenerative changes of the joints and facilities easy movements.
Nirogam's No-Pain Kit consists of a month's supply of
1. Prasaranyadi kashayam 200ml x 4
2. Karpasasthyadi thailam 200ml x 1
3. Cervilon 90 Capsules x 1
1. Prasarinyadi kashayam – 15ml+60ml warm water, twice daily one hour before food.
2.Cervilon capsules – 1 capsule thrice a day after food.
3. Karpasathyadi thailam – for external application. Heat up or warm gently in your hands and apply liberally as massage oil. Allow to absorb into your skin for at least half an hour. Wash off with hot water if required after use.
Home Remedies for Tennis Elbow
You may also try the following home remedies:
- Drink ginger tea 3 times a day. Ginger has strong anti-inflammatory property, which is beneficial in alleviating the symptoms of tennis elbow.
- Alternative hot and cold compresses are a great way to relieve pain and swelling caused by tennis elbow.
- Applying ginger poultice is another good home remedy.
- Extract the fluid from celery seeds and take 5-10 drops before meals.
- Do regular massage with Murivenna oil.
Dos and Don'ts
- Avoid spicy,deep fried food items, alcohol, smoking, night outs and suppression of natural urges.
- Take complete rest till you get over of acute pain.
- Avoid repeated movements of your wrist.
- Follow proper technique while playing, doing exercise or while working. So that you can reduce the stress on your elbow.