Looking for easy ways to keep yourself hydrated apart from drinking plain water? Here are a few ideas!
If you are wondering how to be a little innovative and yet manage your diabetes effectively, look no further.
Diabetics have to be careful about not only the foods they consume but they also have to keep a check on what they drink. Here are some interesting recipes for you to try. They promise the same great flavor as the the original recipe while being diabetes friendly.
- Young or old, chocolate milk is everyone's favorite. So if you are in a mood for some chocolate, mix 1% milk and 3 teaspoons of cocoa powder. There you go with a home made version of low fat chocolate milk.
- Add a zing to that routine morning tea with this special recipe. Heat 1 cup water to boiling, add 2 black tea bag,. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove the tea bags and add a little bit of ground spices like ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Simmer again for 2 minutes. Add one cup non fat milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar substitute. Heat till it is boiling and keep stirring constantly. Black tea contains a special polysaccharide compound that acts almost exactly like the prescribed diabetes drugs. They are also effective at controlling the symptoms by reducing the production of glucose.
- Now beat the cafe shops with your own version of mocha. Combine 1 cup brewed coffee with 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons low-fat milk.
- How does hot chocolate spiced with cinnamon sound? Yes, it can turn out as good as it sounds. In the coffee pot, pour half cup reduced-fat milk, add one small chocolate piece, half teaspoon coffee powder, and half teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cook on low-heat for some time whipping vigorously.
- You can make the above recipe a little more interesting by adding a tinge of vanilla flavor to it. Want to try? Here you go – combine 1 cup of low-fat milk with 2 squares of dark chocolate, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and a little ground cinnamon.
- Back after a tiring day at office? Steep two tea bags in a cup of unsweetened almond milk. Spice it up with cinnamon and black pepper for an extra flavor kick. Cinnamon is a natural remedy for diabetes!
- Traditional healers swear by the anti-diabetic properties of the coriander seeds. Take a spoonful of coriander seeds and heat it very lightly. Add it to a cup of boiling water. Leave the mix for 5 minutes. Then strain the seeds and sip the hot coriander tea.
- Studies have shown that chamomile herb helps rein in blood sugar fluctuations and that's a great news for diabetics. Prepare this tea and have it before bedtime. It works as a good relaxant as well. Put dried chamomile herb into a cup, pour hot water into the cup. Allow to infuse for 3 minutes. Strain into another cup and add a little lemon juice if you like that tangy flavor.
It is strongly advised to avoid using sweeteners.
Quench your thirst, treat your taste buds and remember that managing diabetes needs everyday caution and effort.
To get more information and to buy Salacia-O and other ayurvedic products to help you control your diabetes naturally, please click the links below: