Nutritional value of bee pollen:
Bee pollen have ninety six different nutrients and is extremely good for health. It also has forty kinds of proteins which aid the functioning of the body parts and organs. Bee pollen are also rich in twenty two varieties of amino acids, carotene, fatty acids as well as enzymes. It is also rich in magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc and copper in small quantities. The nutrients in bee pollens are extremely good for health.
Benefits of Bee pollen:
Bee pollen have many health benefits. They should be taken in ample quantity, because only five percent (approximately) ingredients are absorbed in the body. Many herbal manufacturers are working to increase the percentage of active ingredients dissolved by the body. The healthiest bee pollen are those which have been freeze dried. Dried and frozen bee pollen stop loss of nutrients by avoiding oxidization. Also make sure that they are not excessively processed as it frees it of the essential nutrients as well as enzymes.
1. It helps in making the immune system stronger thus making your body more resistant to diseases and allergies.
2. This is also a good herbal cure to manage stress. As stress has become a very common ailment in today’s time, bee pollen has gained immense popularity in the recent years because of its stress buster properties.
3. Bee pollen helps in energising the body and making the body more energetic.
4. Bee pollen helps in improving male reproductive health, it increases the sperm count as well as prevents prostate related problems.
6. Bee pollen are used by athletes as an herbal aid to improve their energy levels and increasing endurance. Everyday use of bee pollen is helpful in improving the health of sportsmen, athletes as well as those involved in rigorous physical activities.
7. Bee pollen are also helpful in weight maintenance. They help in reducing the fat accumulated in the body thus reducing weight. This natural supplement helps a person manage weight without losing any energy that is usually caused by dieting and fad diets.
8. Bee pollen are helpful in increasing the metabolic activity of the body. It is extremely helpful in dissolving the fat cells and flushing them out of the body. This fat dissolving action is possible due to lecithin present in bee pollens. Everyday consumption will have positive impact on your health.
9. Bee pollen is also helpful in reducing the cholesterol levels in the body. High levels of cholesterol increases the risk of several health conditions such as coronary heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease. High cholesterol levels have also been linked to diabetes and high blood pressure. A good balanced diet and everyday consumption of bee pollen can help bring down the cholesterol levels.
10. Antibodies found in bee pollen are known to reduce the effects of ageing. They are helpful in reducing age spots, wrinkles, dryness and dullness of the skin.
11. Bee pollen are also helpful in detoxification of the body.
12. They help in improving the health of a female reproductive system. It also helps women ease the discomforts caused due to PMS.
Honey bees are primary pollinators of major food crops and hence their extinction poses a major threat to agriculture. If bees are extinct, there will be a major decline in 70% of the crop species on earth. In other words, the extinction of bees would be the extinction of humanity. Read here on how to protect their declining population.
The Effects of Bee Pollen on Energy and Weight Loss