Some of the food we eat contains purines and when these purines are broken down in our bodies, uric acid is produced. Though uric acid is helpful in little amounts, build-up of uric acid leads to gout as the kidneys are unable to flush it out effectively. If your body has a high concentration of uric acid, here are a few ways to deal with it.
- Consume beetroot everyday either in the form of juice or salad.
- Drink small amounts of water regularly.
- Spread honey over a cut guava and eat if after 10-15 minutes.
- Consume 1 cup yogurt on an empty stomach every day.
- Mix 2-3 pinch of saffron in a glass of milk and drink it every day.
- Avoid organ meats and seafood such as sardines, mackerel.
- Avoid highly sweetened food.
- Keep lentils, dried peas, beans, oatmeal and wheat germ out of your diet.
- Stay away from salt completely.
- Take food rich in fibre, vitamin C and anti-oxidants such as cherries, blueberries as they fight against the inflammation.