Henna is also known as Mehndi. It has various beneficial effects:
- If you have excess body heat, you apply henna to your palms and feet to cool your body.
- To rejuvenate, condition and to promote hair growth you can do hair pack with henna and egg white.
- Applying henna with triphala, amalaki, fenugreek seeds and neem leaves will help in treating dandruff, lice, hairfall and premature graying of hair.
- If you have more gray hair, you can apply henna to colour your hair instead of chemical hair dyes.
- Henna is beneficial in curing skin problems like sun burns, inflammation, eczema, scabies, impetigo and fungal infection. You can directly apply pure henna paste with water on affected area or prepare a decoction by boiling henna leaves or bark and wash the affected area. Avoid applying henna paste on broken skin, as it may lead to permanent staining.
- For tension headache and headache due to exposure to hot sun, you can grind henna flowers into a paste with water. Apply on your forehead for 30 minutes.
- You can apply henna paste on your nails followed by regular massage with almond or olive oil, which will prevents dryness, cracks and infection of nails.
- Henna is found to be effective in treating insomnia also. Hair pack with henna once a while promotes good sleep.
- Consumption of water soaked with henna bark is said to reduce blood pressure and stress, and removes toxins from your body.
Mix 25-50 gms (or according to your requirement) of Natural Herbal Heena Powder with lukewarm water and leave it overnight in an iron container.
Few may have allergic reactions after using henna. It is always safe to do a patch test before applying to your skin or hair and wait for 24 hours.