Detoxification is the process by which unwanted metabolic wastes are removed from your body. Shodhana is considered as detoxification procedure in Ayurveda. It includes Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya and Raktamokshana.
Vamana, Virechana and Basti removes vitiated Kapha, Pitta and Vata dosha respectively. Nasya expels vitiated dosha from upper part of your body and Raktamokshana removes vitiated doshas from blood.
Benefits of Detoxification Procedures
- Enhances your body’s metabolism.
- Helps you to lose excess body weight.
- Improves digestion and relieves constipation.
- Corrects hormonal imbalance.
- Cures skin diseases and improves your complexion.
- Prevents hair fall and premature greying of hair.
- Enhances the functions of sense organs.
- Improves fertility.
Few tips to detoxify your body at home:
- Use Garlic sufficiently in your diet.
- A glass of lime juice prepared of lukewarm water can be taken in early morning daily.
- Consume foods rich in antioxidants (vitamin A, E and C).
- Broccoli sprouts helps to detox enzymes in the digestive tract.
- Wheat grass, Spirulina and buttermilk are other options to boost the digestive tract and to eliminate toxins.
- A glass of warm water mixed with Triphala churna can be consumed daily at bedtime
- Turmeric is well-known for its medicinal and healing properties. It also detoxifies your liver, purifies blood and is beneficial for lung and colon health too.
- Aloe vera, Amla and Anantamool also helps in detoxification and corrects the hormonal imbalance.
- Drink sufficient amount of water regularly.
- Exercise also helps to remove toxins through sweat.
A healthy diet and lifestyle is a natural way of detoxification. Detoxification procedures cleanse your body, whereas Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation purifies your mind.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products to help you detoxify your body, please click on the links below: