Blackheads are clogged pores in your skin caused by the accumulation of oil, dust and dead cells. It is commonly associated with acne.
Causes of Blackheads
- Increased sweating and sebum secretion.
- Hormonal changes.
- Exposure to dust and other pollutants.
- Hot and humid climate.
- Skin irritation due to repeated face washing or scrubbing.
- Overuse of cosmetics and other beauty products.
- Certain conditions like PCOS makes you more to blackheads.
- Few medications like steroids, oral contraceptive pills, etc.
Signs and Symptoms of Blackheads
- You may observe black tiny spots on nose, chin and cheeks.
- Usually, they are painless. If infected, you may experience pain, swelling, redness and scarring.
Natural Remedies for Blackheads
- Apply the paste of neem and turmeric with rose water on the affected area. Scrub it off when it is dry.
- Keep your face oil free. Wash your face twice daily with lukewarm water and mild face wash.
- Do steaming weekly twice to open up your skin pores.
- Use water based, oil free lotions like aloe vera gel and makeup.
- Prepare homemade scrub with oatmeal and yoghurt or tomato juice. You can also try sugar granules with few drops of lemon.
- You can try doing face pack with multani mitti or egg white or fenugreek paste.
- Internally you can take Manjistha, Neem, Dermapure capsules, Sariva or Khadirarishta to improve your skin health.