A migraine attack is not just limited to a headache but often comes along with a bout of other symptoms such as nausea, tingling, flashes of light or vomiting. While the cause of migraine is not clearly known, there are a few ways in which the episodes of migraine can be brought under control.
- Magnesium deficiency is a major cause of migraine. Load up on magnesium which is found in pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, soy beans, black beans etc.
- Use tea tree oil to massage your head. This relieves tension and stress.
- Make sure you take vitamin B12 every day. Lack of vitamin B12 can cause migraines.
- Migraines can also be caused sometimes due to low blood sugar levels. So, make sure you get a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables.
- Lower levels of serotonin also cause migraine. Also make sure to not be dehydrated. Getting regular exercise releases endorphins which relax you.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and caffeine. When in pain, try placing an ice pack around your neck. Taking hot showers also helps in migraine.
- Not only these but drinking hot tea also gives relief from the symptoms of migraine.