Cognitive ability is a part of your mental functions, which deal with intellectual/logical ability, memory, perception, reasoning, language ability, etc., through which you enhance knowledge.
Weak or impaired cognitive ability may precipitate the occurrence of dementia, Alzheimer's, depression, anxiety or other neurological disorders.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Improving Cognitive Function
According to Ayurveda. the following herbs are beneficial to improve cognitive functions. These are nervine tonics, which also reduce stress and other psychological issues:
- Vacha churna
- Maha Kalyanaka gritha
- Panchagavya gritha
- Saraswata gritha
Home Remedies for Improving Cognitive Function
You may also try the following tips for beneficial results:
- Soak 5 to 10 almonds in water overnight. The next morning, peel the skin and grind the almonds. Boil this paste with one glass of milk, add some sugar or honey for taste and drink it regularly.
- Take a little honey and mix 1 1/2 tsp of ground Nigella sativa – black seeds. Eat this mixture twice daily for a few weeks.
- Drink Amla juice regularly.
- Drink tea made of sage leaves.
- Include more sprouts, vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Do regular physical exercises or yoga. Perform pranayama or breathing exercises, meditation to manage stress and to improve cognitive functions.
- Make sure to include ghee, milk, fish and omega-3 rich foods wisely in your routine diet.
- Avoid sugary and fatty foods.
- Keep your brain active by playing games, reading, take part in social activities.
- Reduce spending time on electronic gadgets, instead mingle with family and friends.
- Catch 7-8 hours sleep daily.
- Keep a check on your BP, Diabetes and Cholesterol levels.
- Avoid smoking, tobacco and alcohol consumption.
A healthy lifestyle can definitely bring back your declined cognitive abilities.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products for improving your cognitive function, please click on the links below: