Eye strain, refractive errors like shortsightedness, longsightedness, computer vision syndrome and dry eyes are the most common eye disorders.
Common Causes for Eye Disorders
- Reading in dim light, while travelling and in improper position.
- Excessive use of electronic gadgets.
- Watching TV in improper lighting.
- Certain occupations, which require constant focusing like long distance driving, tailoring, etc.
- Chronic exposure to fan or AC can cause dry eyes.
- Stress and strain.
Common Symptoms of Eye Disorders
- Blurred vision.
- Watery or dry eyes.
- Redness and burning sensation in your eyes.
- Headache or eye pain.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Improving Eye Health
The following medicines are beneficial in improving your eye health:
- Triphala rasayana
- Saptamrita lauha
- Patoladi ghrita
- Jeevantyadi gritha
- Maha triphaladi gritha
- Triphala gritha
Ayurvedic treatment procedures can also be beneficial:
Home Remedies for Improving Eye Health
- Include milk, green leafy vegetables, papaya, carrot and fish in your diet.
- Eye exercises to strengthen eye muscles, Trataka enhances visual acuity and yoga relieves you from stress.
- Grape Seed extracts are very advantageous in protecting and maintaining the strength of eye muscles and sight. You can taken twice a day with warm water or honey.
- For improving your eyesight, you can take 7 almonds, add 2 tsp fennel seeds and 1 tsp sugar candy. Crush the mixture, add 1 tsp of this mixture to 1 glass of warm milk and drink this at bedtime. After having this, do not drink anything for 2 hours.
- Keep your reading room and working place well lit.
- Correct your vision by using corrective glasses.
- Avoid overuse of electronic gadgets.
- While working in front of computer, take a break in between and practise 20 20 20 eye exercise.
Save your eyes and donate. “Enlighten someone’s world by donating your eyes”