Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition of your digestive system (especially intestine).
Causes of Crohn’s Disease
- Impaired or weak immune system.
- Inherits from parents to offspring.
- Unhealthy food habits.
- Drug abuse- Excessive use of painkillers, etc.
Symptoms of Crohn’s Disease
- Diarrhoea or loose stools.
- Abdominal pain with intestinal cramps.
- Blood in stools.
- Decreased appetite.
- Low digestive power.
- Nausea/vomiting sensation.
- Weight loss.
- Sometimes you may get fever associated with fatigue.
Ayurvedic Management of Crohn’s Disease
There is no cure for Crohn’s disease in modern medicine. But, it is manageable with certain medications. Even by surgery, only affected part of intestine is removed but Crohn’s is not cured completely.
You can definitely manage Crohn’s with ayurvedic medication:
Dos and Don'ts
- Include buttermilk with curry leaves in your routine diet.
- Avoid spicy foods, alcohol and smoking.
- Eat light and easily digestible foods.
- Avoid fatty and fiber rich foods.
- Avoid using antibiotics and painkillers on your own.
- Drink water boiled with musta, nagara and other carminative herbs.
Once the symptoms reduce, you can start other medication to improve anaemia and your body weight like Xerfer capsules, Dhatri loha, Grahanyantaka Ghrita, Dadimadi ghrita, Maha tiktaka ghritam, etc.
To get more information and to buy the ayurvedic medication mentioned in this article, please click the links below: