Dermatitis is an inflammatory condition of your skin.
Causes of Dermatitis
- Irritation due to chemicals.
- Allergy towards certain soap, shampoo, and other personal care products.
- Certain occupations like working in chemical factories, etc.
- Extreme climatic conditions.
Signs and Symptoms of Dermatitis
- Dry, scaly or flaky skin.
- Watery or bloody discharge from the lesion.
- Sores due to scratching.
- Sometimes blisters may appear.
Management of Dermatitis
- Avoid scratching. Trim your nails.
- You can wear a pair of gloves at night times to avoid scratching during sleep.
- Avoid using chemical-based personal care products.
- Apply Aloe vera gel on the affected area repeatedly to soothe itching and irritation.
- Rinse your clothes well to remove all remnant detergents.
- Take a bath in lukewarm water. Avoid hot water showers.
- Moisturise your skin well.
- Minimise the salt intake in your diet. Avoid pickles, sour curds, fish and other seafoods.
The following Ayurvedic Medicines are very effective:
- Internally, you can take Mahatikta ghrita, Guggulutiktaka ghrita, Panchatikta ghrita guggulu, Arogyavardhini vati, Manjistha, Gandhaka rasayana, Khadirarishta,
- Externally you can apply Gandhaka malahara, Raz oil, Mahatiktaka lepam, Nalpamaradi taila and Marichadi taila.
- You can clean your lesions with decoction prepared from Yashtimadhu or Triphala.
You need to undergo panchakarma therapy like Vamana, Virechana and Rakta mokshana for the permanent cure.