Fatigue is a state where you don’t have any motivation to do anything. It is a sign of underlying disease within.
Common Causes of Fatigue
- Lack of sleep.
- Increased physical activity.
- Unhealthy eating habits.
- Alcohol or drug abuse.
- Increased caffeine intake.
- Thyroid abnormalities.
- Sleep apnea.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
Symptoms you may experience along with Fatigue are:
- Feeling sleepy always.
- Body ache.
- You will not feel fresh even after night sleep.
- Abnormal digestion/lack of appetite.
Management of Fatigue
- Eat healthy food. Include more fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain 7-8 hours sleep daily.
- Manage your stress by doing yoga, meditation and pranayama.
- Don’t over do physical exercise, do it based on your capacity.
- Plan and execute your day to day activities. Don’t burden yourself.
- Don’t hesitate to attend counselling classes.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle.
Ayurvedic Management of Fatigue
Ayurvedic medicines, which are beneficial include:
- Ashwagandharishta, Balarishta, Draksharishta, Dashamoolarishta and Drakshadi Kashayam
- Ashwagandha capsules, Amla, Shatavari, Amalaki rasayana, Chyavanprash
- Do regular head massage with Brahmi taila and body massage with Ksheerabala taila
- To manage stress you can take Sumenta, Brahmi tablets, AZcalm capsules
- Replace your caffeinated drink with green tea like Tulsi tea, Ginger tea
You can also undergo Ayurvedic treatment procedures like Abhyanga, Shirodhara, Shirobasti, Pichu, Lepa, etc.
Ayurvedic View of Fatigue