One of the main causes for indigestion in babies is overfeeding. The other causes may be food sensitivity or lactose intolerance. If the baby is not gaining weight, mothers get panicky and overstuff the babies at all times, which weakens the digestive capacity of the baby.
Bloating, pain in the abdomen and reflux are the common disorders of digestion seen in babies.
Signs and Symptoms of Indigestion in Babies
- Repeated burping or belching.
- Spitting after feed.
- Gaseous distension.
- Constipation or diarrhoea.
- Constant crying.
Ayurveda considers unhealthy food habits of the mother causes vitiation of breast milk. When baby is fed with this vitiated milk it leads to indigestion.
Management of Indigestion in Babies
- Grind cumin seeds and dry ginger in 2:1 ratio. Add equal amount of organic jaggery and mix well. Make the bolus of 1-2 gram size. This can be given to the breastfeeding mother twice daily after food. This relieves the complaint of indigestion in babies.
- If the baby has started consuming solid foods, then add small pinch of cumin seed powder to the baby food.
- Follow proper feeding techniques.
- If you are doing bottle feeding, maintain proper hygiene.
- Do regular body oil massage for the baby.
- Aravindasavam can be given in diluted form to the baby.
- Administration of Jeerakarishtam to the feeding mother also corrects indigestion in babies.
- Saubhagya shunti paka and Fenuvit improves lactation and cures digestion related issues.
To get more information and to buy Fenuvit, please click the link below: