Tachycardia is a condition where your heartbeat is more than 100 beats per minute. The average rate is usually between 60 and 100 beats per minute for adults.
Common Causes of Tachycardia
- Anxiety, fear, stress.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Fever and electrolyte imbalance.
- Hormonal variations like hyperthyroidism.
- Any abnormalities related to the heart.
- Excess intake of alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Certain medications.
How to Naturally Treat Tachycardia
Here are some natural ways to lower your heart rate:
- Potassium rich foods like banana, raisins have been found beneficial to cure tachycardia naturally.
- Magnesium rich foods like spinach, Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds are also beneficial.
- Tuna, salmon, sardines are rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, proved to be effective in lowering the heart rate.
- Garlic is also good for your heart. Consume 2-3 cloves of garlic daily.
- Drink ash gourd juice regularly.
- Limit sugar and reduce your caffeine intake.
- Yoga, Pranayama, deep breathing, alternate nostril breathing are highly beneficial. It cools the body instantly and reduces stress also.
- Manage your hypertension, cholesterol levels and body weight with medications and diet.
- Undergo regular massage or reflexology treatment, Shirodhara, picu, etc.
- Get a good sleep and do not suppress natural urges.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Tachycardia
Ayurvedic medicines, which are beneficial in lowering heart rate include:
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic medicines to lower your rapid heart rate, please click on the links below: