Flu is the most common viral infection which we encounter in our day to day life. It is medically termed as Influenza.
Causes of Flu
- Infection may spread to you directly from an infected person when they sneeze or cough.
- Through common objects like telephone, mobile, door knobs, etc.
- Exposure to AC or enclosed air in public/crowded places like theater, AC bus, etc.
- Children, old age people, pregnant women and low immune power population are more prone.
Symptoms of Flu
- Runny nose.
- Cough and sneezing.
- Muscular pain.
- Body ache.
- Sore throat.
Ayurvedic Management of Flu
- Take complete rest.
- Avoid moving out, exposure to cold breeze.
- Drink sufficient warm water.
- Avoid curds, cold water and drinks.
- Wash your hands well or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing.
- Eat light, easily digestible, freshly cooked warm foods like rice gruel or lentil soup seasoned with pepper and jeera.
- Boil 1 tsp of Shadangadi churna in 500ml of water and drink repeatedly.
- Drink Tulsi ginger tea.
- Amritarishta, Maha Sudarshan churna, Tribhuvan kirti rasa, Koldoff tablets, Guduchi and Sitopaladi churna are beneficial.
- Do salt water gargling and steam inhalation with Eucalyptus oil.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products for effective management of flu (influenza), please click the links below: