Flu is the most common viral infection which we encounter in our day to day life. It is medically termed as Influenza.
Causes of Flu
- Infection may spread to you directly from an infected person when they sneeze or cough.
- Through common objects like telephone, mobile, door knobs, etc.
- Exposure to AC or enclosed air in public/crowded places like theater, AC bus, etc.
- Children, old age people, pregnant women and low immune power population are more prone.
Symptoms of Flu
- Runny nose.
- Cough and sneezing.
- Muscular pain.
- Body ache.
- Sore throat.
Ayurvedic Management of Flu
- Take complete rest.
- Avoid moving out, exposure to cold breeze.
- Drink sufficient warm water.
- Avoid curds, cold water and drinks.
- Wash your hands well or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing.
- Eat light, easily digestible, freshly cooked warm foods like rice gruel or lentil soup seasoned with pepper and jeera.
- Boil 1 tsp of Shadangadi churna in 500ml of water and drink repeatedly.
- Drink Tulsi ginger tea.
- Amritarishta, Maha Sudarshan churna, Tribhuvan kirti rasa, Koldoff tablets, Guduchi and Sitopaladi churna are beneficial.
- Do salt water gargling and steam inhalation with Eucalyptus oil.
Once you are out of fever, you can take Haridra Khanda, Immunice capsules, Yashtimadhu, Amalaki rasayana and Chyavanprash to improve your immunity.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products for effective management of flu (influenza), please click the links below:
Tulsi ginger tea
Maha Sudarshan churna