Mint or ‘pudina' is very effective in treating several common ailments.
- For hoarse voice, gargle with freshly prepared mint juice with 1 tbsp of salt.
- To prevent dry skin, apply freshly made mint juice evenly over the face at night. This will also cure contact dermatitis, eczema, pimples, scabies and insect stings.
- For relief from anaemia and low blood pressure, take 3 to 4 tbsp of fresh mint juice before breakfast and before dinner.
- To get rid of bad breath and relief from cavities and pyorrhea, chew 3 to 4 mint leaves every day. This also strengthens the gums.
- To improve digestion and cure flatulent colic, morning sickness and diarrhoea, drink fresh mint juice with 1 tbsp lime juice and honey.
- To prevent bleeding through the gums (mouth) or nose because of excessive body heat, drink 100 ml of fresh mint juice with sugar twice or thrice a day.