Explore the health benefits of Banyan tree (Ficus benghalensis):
Known as Vata is Sanskrit, has immense benefits due to its ability to pacify pitta and kapha dosha.
– Its buds are helpful in treating dysentery and chronic diarrhoea.
– The bark decoction is effective in treating leucorrhoea, piles and female infertility.
– Its latex helps to relieve ulcers, sores, bruises and rheumatic pain.
– Milk from its bark helps to get rid of skin moles.
– The Bark paste is also applied upon wounds and ulcers
-It also cures excessive thirst, vomiting, burning sensation, neuropathy and delusion.
-The twigs are known to strengthen the teeth and prevent dental carries, when used for brushing the teeth.