Imagine that you are on a plane. Everything is going fine, and then all of a sudden you start freaking out. You don’t know why but you can’t seem to put an end to your paranoia.
During all these events, you may not even realize that you have been hit by anxiety. Also known as panic attacks, anxiety attacks are way different than the usual anxiety which arises when you are just about to deliver a speech on a stage or give an exam, or perhaps a job interview. Though these attacks don’t really cause you harm in anyway; but they do interfere with your day to day activities.
But, why do you have to panic in the first place?
Anxiety is something that everyone has because that is how our body responds to any threat or a stressful situation. These situations release stress hormones which prepares us for action. This is when you feel what is known as the adrenalin rush.
The Symptoms of Anxiety Attacks
In fact, anxiety might have saved your life many a times. For instance, you might have jumped out of the way of a speeding car to protect yourself. This is also the time when you’d experience your heart pounding, sweating, need to urinate, shortness of breath, tingling sensation etc. These are exactly the symptoms of anxiety attacks also.
Other symptoms include:
– Feeling unrealistic
– Trouble concentrating
– Feeling tense and being restless
– Muscle tensions or cramps/tremors
Measures to Adopt
While anxiety can be a life-saver at times, it does not feel so good when it crosses the line. So, what the measures can be taken against anxiety attacks.
– Deep breathing: Try taking a deep breath and hold it for some time. Exhale and repeat this process a few times. You can feel yourself calming down after performing this procedure.
– Tense the muscles in your body and release them. This will relax them and calm you.
– Talk to someone close to you to get the support. Try taking your mind away from what is troubling you.
– Distract yourself with some other activities which would capture you.
– Get enough sleep and avoid alcohol
– Relax yourself with a hot bath.
– Never skip breakfast as it lowers the choline levels which leads to increased stress.
– Get regular exercise and have a healthy diet. Make sure that your diet consists of a good amount of calcium, manganese and vitamin B as they help the nervous system.
Conquer Anxiety with Home Remedies before it Conquers you!
Sometimes you need more help to conquer. These natural remedies may just be what you want.
– Consume chamomile tea or tea made of passionflower, catnip or lemon balm for relaxation. You can also get green tea.
– Herbs such as Valerian can help induce sleep. It is very helpful for insomniacs. You can also use kava root or John’s wort.
– Make a mixture of soaked almonds, warm milk, a pinch of ginger and nutmeg and drink it before going to bed. This will help you relax.
– Keep an orange handy. The aroma of orange peels reduces anxiety.
– Add honey and a pinch of nutmeg into orange juice to stop your heart from racing out of anxiety.
Remember, nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action. Don’t let anxiety attacks spoil your moment. Act on it and suppress it!