Nutmeg known as ‘jaiphal’ in Hindi can be found in the array of spices present in Indian kitchens. This very popular spice, which looks like a walnut is not only famous for its aromatic flavour but also for its health favours.
- Sleep issues? Drinking a glass of milk with powdered nutmeg can give you a good night’s sleep.
- Nutmeg helps increase concentration and removes stress, fatigue and depression. It also protects the brain from diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Applying nutmeg oil to inflamed areas gives relief from muscular and joint pain.
- Nutmeg helps treat digestive problems and also boosts the appetite.
- It helps detox kidney and liver.
- It also revs up the blood circulation.
- Applying a paste of ground nutmeg mixed in water/honey can remove blemishes and give clear skin.
- Potassium, calcium, iron, manganese and other important minerals found in this spice help keep the immune system strong.