The average pulse rate is usually between 60 and 100 beats per minute for adults, but when it exceeds 100 beats, you are said to have a high pulse rate. If the high pulse rate is temporary, it's nothing to worry about. Excessive activity, caffeine, electrolyte imbalance, hyperthyroidism, etc. can cause tachycardia.
Here are some natural ways to lower your heart rate.
- Potassium rich foods like banana, raisins have been found beneficial to cure tachycardia naturally.
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach is rich in magnesium. Low amount of magnesium in body is one of the major causes of high heart rate.
- Magnesium maintains and regulates your heart beat rate.
- Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds are also a rich source of magnesium.
- Fatty fish like tuna, salmon, sardines are rich source of omega 3 fatty acids,proved to effective in lowering the heart rate.
- Garlic is also good for the heart. Consume 2-3 cloves of garlic daily.
- Limit sugar and reduce your caffeine intake.
- Deep breathing, alternate nostril breathing are highly beneficial in lowering the heart rate. It cools the body instantly.
- Regular massage or reflexology treatment can lower the heart rate.
- Get a good sleep and do not suppress natural urges.