For balancing your thyroid values, I would recommend you to try the following home remedies:
1. A decoction prepared of drumstick leaves should be taken daily. Soup prepared from drumstick leaves can also be taken. It is a rich source of iodine.
2. Mix amla powder with honey and have it daily morning,before breakfast.
3. Cow’s urine is an excellent remedy. Freshly collected cow’s urine, diluted with little water should be taken early in the morning .
4. Walnut, which is rich in iodine and magnesium contributes to the balanced functioning of thyroid gland. Have a few walnuts daily.
5. Take garlic, onion, pepper, dry ginger, barley, horsegram, etc.
6. Consume a tsp of flax seeds daily.
Avoid oily food, sweets, dairy products, cabbage, cauliflower, curd, non vegetarian food and also day sleep.
Yoga for Balancing Metabolism
Yoga poses like sarvangasana (shoulder stand), matsyasana, halasana, suryanamaskara, pranayam are all beneficial in balancing body’s metabolism.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Managing Thyroid Levels
If you are looking for Ayurvedic medicines, the following medicines would be beneficial in this case:
- Varunadi kashayam 2 tablets,twice daily, 1 hour before food.
- Punarnavadi 2-0-2 , 1 hour before food.
- Kanchanara guggulu 2-0-2 ,before food.
To get more information on and to buy some of the ayurvedic products in this article, please click on the links below: