Why Seek For Natural Remedies For Motion Sickness?
Some of us just dread the thought of going on vacation just because we are scared that we may have motion sickness again. Motion sickness just takes the fun out of the trip. This does not happen to everyone, hence, there is something about motion that is not acceptable to your body. The first step is to understand what gives you motion sickness every time you travel. In this post we will discuss the reasons why one gets motion sick and also some natural remedies for motion sickness.
The reason one gets motion sickness:While you are travelling, whether by car or in water, the movement experienced by your body sends confusing messages to your brain. These conflicting sensations such as visual movement, the sense of balance, the constant movement makes the brain confused and results in motion sickness. Like your eyes are registering different sensation while your ears are registering another different sensation. Thus, it is common for us to look for natural remedies for motion sickness.
The common symptoms are:
Natural Remedies for Motion Sickness: How to cope with motion sickness:
There are some tips and natural remedies for motion sickness that you can follow which will reduce the tendency to experience it. These tips and natural remedies for motion sickness will not completely promise a better trip but will greatly reduce the chances of getting motion sick.
1. Before traveling eat a very light and easy to digest meal. Do not eat fatty or heavy foods. Carry light snacks along such as crackers to avoid hunger pangs and keep you light on the way. Also keep some peppermint candies and ginger root drink to have on the way.
2. Your position in the vehicle plays a crucial role in avoiding any chances of motion sickness. Do not face the back of the vehicle face the front. Sit where you have a view of the front of the vehicle instead of the side or the back. On an aero plane ask for a seat near the wings for a smooth journey.
3. Stay calm. Some people get anxious just with the thought of getting motion sickness. Try some breathing exercises. Anxiety increases your chances of getting motion sickness.
4. Switch off the AC in the car and roll down the window. Fresh air reduces the thought of being in a closed space and eases the mind.
5. Do not read on the way. Also avoid watching television. The motion seen by your eyes conflicts with the motion your body is experiencing which causes motion sickness.
Herbs and Natural Remedies for Motion Sickness:
1. Have a peppermint candy or sniff on some peppermint essential oil. Peppermint is one of the natural remedies for motion sickness that is refreshing and helps cure the feeling of dizziness. Peppermint makes the mind more alert. However, it is not suggested for people who suffer from heartburn as well as indigestion.
2. Ginger root helps in making the stomach calm and reducing nausea. Have a ginger tea before the trip. You can also have ginger herbal tablets to help ease nausea.
3. Chamomile Herb: Have chamomile herbal tea on the way as it eases indigestion and also calms the mind. This herb are natural remedies for motion sickness that helps cure indigestion associated with nervousness or anxiety.
4. Fennel: fennel is more commonly used as an ingredient in the kitchen. However, fennel also helps in calming the upset stomach, hence it is an excellent remedy for motion sickness. You can eat twenty to thirty seeds of these natural remedies for motion sickness or even take it in the form of a herbal capsule.