Are you trying to quit smoking and struggling with withdrawal symptoms? Here are some easy home remedies that can help you stick to your resolution to not smoke again.
- Add 1 tbsp of ground oats to two cups of boiled water and let it soak overnight. In the morning, boil for ten minutes and drink after every meal. Don’t take at night. Oats help in flushing out toxins and reduces the craving for nicotine and eases withdrawal symptoms.
- Add more alkaline food to your diet like dry nuts, raisins, lima beans and sprouts.
- Cut down on the acidic content of your food by reducing foods such as bread, coffee, tea, dairy products and meat.
- Cayenne pepper helps in desensitising the respiratory system to all the addictive things, such as tobacco and nicotine. It also helps to lessen the craving for smoking. Include this spice in your daily diet.
- Mix a little honey with radish juice and drink it twice a day.
- Increase intake of Vitamin A,C ,E.
- Chew a stick of licorice when you feel like smoking as it acts as a good substitute.
- Drink grape juice on a regular basis and also consume grape seed.
- Practise bhastrika pranayama, morning and night, to expel contaminants in the upper airways.
- To clear the nicotine deposited in the dhatus, take Triphala 2 tabs or 1 tsp with warm water before going to bed.
Also, lack of nicotine can increase your appetite even as it slows down body metabolism and this means a tendency to gain weight. So, avoid this by munching only on low-calorie foods such as raw fruits and vegetables, when you feel hungry.
If you still have withdrawal symptoms even after trying all these tips, you can substitute cigars with medicated cigars.
LifeHerbs Smoking Cessation Aid (BigCig)