Dengue is a viral fever which can spread from an infected person to you through mosquito bite.
Symptoms of Dengue
- High grade fever.
- Muscular pain, headache and joint pain.
- Loss of appetite.
- Bleeding from nose, mouth and gums.
- Petechial Haemorrhage- red or purple spots under your skin due to bleeding.
A life threatening condition known as Dengue haemorrhagic fever, where there will be severe bleeding, low blood pressure leading to shock and death.
Management of Dengue
If you experience high fever immediately consult your physician.
- Drink 10 ml of papaya leaves juice thrice a day, which will improve your platelet count and prevent bleeding.
- Drink sufficient warm water or boiled and cooled water. You can boil water with Shadangadi churna and use instead of normal water.
- Eat light and easily digestible food like rice gruel, softly cooked rice, etc.
- Drink pomegranate juice.
- Take complete bed rest and avoid spread of infection to others.
- Replace your coffee/tea with Tulsi- ginger tea.
Ayurvedic Management of Dengue
The following Ayurvedic medicines are beneficial:
Maha sudarshan churna
Prevention of Dengue
- Avoid going to over crowded places.
- Use mosquito net and repellants.
- Clean mosquito breeding places like stagnant water, garbage, etc.
- Use full sleeved dresses while going out.
- Avoid moving out in the early evening